Sorry It’s taken me this long to post this one up folks, had a chaotic week. As ZombiePirate has already written his list up, I shall add mine. I went for a horde list with the idea of including as many of the new models as possible, it is however a little light on upgrades. So here we go.
- Hive Tyrant: Wings, Bonesword & Lash Whip, twin-linked Devourers, Electroshock Grubs.
- 3 Tyranid Warriors: 2 Deathspitters, 1 Venomcannon.
- 3 Tyranid Warriors: 2 Devourers, 1 Barbed Strangler.
- 25 Termagants (x3 units): Fleshborers.
- 1 Broodlord & 5 Genestealers: Rending Claws.
- 2 Lictors: Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Flesh Hooks.
- 2 Venomthropes: Lash Whips, Toxic Miasma.
- Haruspex: Grasping Tongue, Crushing Claws, Acid Blood, Adrenal Glands.
- Red Terror & 4 Raveners: Scything Talons, Rending Claws (Raveners only), Prehensile Pincer (Red Terror only).
- Hive Crone: Drool Cannon, Four Tentaclids, Scything Talons.
- Carnifex: Scything Talons, H. Venom Cannon.
- 2 Biovores: Spore Mine Launcher.
- Mawloc: Prehensile Pincer.
As I said it was a little light on upgrades. Other than the Tyrant all I added was a set of adrenal glands for the Haruspex, ‘heavy’ weapons for the Warriors & Carnifex, rending claws for the Raveners and a prehensile pincer for the Mawloc. Despite my earlier posts talking about the upgrades, I wanted to go for cheap & cheerful. One of the problems I have when playing Tyranids is that I tend to go into autopilot mode of advancing as fast as I can without any real thought into what I am doing. So here’s the plan;
Tyrant & Crone fly around causing all sorts of problems, the Crone waiting for the Chaos Helldrake, whilst the Tyrant attacks targets of opportunity. The Warriors & Termagants advance under the protection of the Venomthropes (3+ cover saves for the Warriors) with the Carnifex & Biovores providing fire support. The Raverners & Haruspex advance in support of each other to reach the enemy battle line quickly. The Broodlord & his retinue will use the Horror power to suppress the enemy shooting and assault when ready. The Lictors are a bit of a gamble. I’ve always loved the image of the Lictor, but they proved useless in the last edition so I’m hoping that not having to Deep Strike them will help, and my plan is to use them to drop the Mawloc onto something, say a quad-cannon.